Monday, August 21, 2006

Unfathomable Blessings

OK, so here it is, the update I promised....I hope it lives up to the build up I gave it. If not, it will be a communication failure on my part, because I am still absorbing just how dramatically Abbie's journey has changed in the last week or so.

As many of you know, Dr. Jerry Tennant was in town last week to give a lecture and training seminar. We have been working with his device, the Biomodulator, for about a year now and credit much of Abbie's gains to it. But, truthfully, Dr. Tennant has given us much more than a device, he has given us a whole new paradigm about how to practice medicine and how to restore wellness.

He is a man that people fly from all over the world to meet and we were fortunate enough to have an extended period of time with him to discuss Abbie. That fact alone still overwhelms me. But, through his gracious sharing of his time, knowledge and the use of some new tests we have a whole new insight into what is going on with Abbie, and most importantly we now have a roadmap for the way back!!

This is going to be a lengthy update, but I believe it is the most important and most hopeful one I may ever write. God has long promised me, in the dark of the night when I've been crying, that this journey is so much bigger than I can see, and it will end up so much better than I can imagine. Now I have a glimpse, and He is so true to His Word.

Last week we were able to use something called a MEAD device to do a test called a "Nakatani" on Abbie. In three minutes this device gave us the voltage readings for all of Abbie's organs as well as her total body voltage. Normal body voltage is around 20 millivolts. Since we've been working with the Biomodulator and watching her diet for a year I was curious and hopeful about what we would see. The results came up on the laptop screen and my jaw dropped...2. Two measly millivolts is all the energy Abbie is running on. This is not enough for her organs to even function properly, let alone allow her to heal. It also helps explain why her stoma is open 17 months after decannulation -- she literally does not have the energy to heal it. I was heartbroken at first, and could not understand how this could be. I was also bursting with pride about my girl, who has been showing us great things solely through the strength of her will and heart. As Dr. Tennant put it, "She is obviously very motivated!"

The reason for her low voltage, however, has given us great hope because it is entirely fixable. The body stores voltage in the cell membranes, which are made entirely of fat. Abbie's liver is not functioning right now, so it is not producing bile, which is necessary to break down fat for digestion. The good fats I've been giving her have either been going right through her or have been coming back up as she coughs and vomits. Since she can't digest fats, her body doesn't have the building materials for good cell membranes, so she has no voltage storage capacity. The energy we put into her runs right out, which explains her chronic low voltage.

We are going to fix this by giving Abbie digestive supplements: Betaine, Ox bile, Digestabs, and a probiotic. We are also going to radically change her diet. For the forseeable future Abbie's diet will consist entirely of raw milk, eggs, marine phytoplankton, Vitamin C, and silicon. I must admit I had a questioning look on my face when that diet was proposed. But, raw milk, eggs and plankton are the only 3 complete foods on the planet...they each have everything needed for life in the proper ratios. Why silicon? Because it is a powerful electron donor, meaning it has energy to give, with a pH of 12. The other unique property of silicon is that if it is ingested with an appropriate probiotic is has the ability to transmutate into other minerals the body needs, like calcium. The neat thing about that is that only the amount the body needs will be transmutated, so we don't have to worry about overloading on something like calcium. The biggest thing we are trying to accomplish is to get five pounds of good fat into Abbie in the next 2 months. The liver is composed entirely of fat, and completely replaces itself every 6-8 weeks. The brain is also made mostly of fat, although it's replacement cycle is about 8 months. The good fats will help Abbie rebuild healthy organs as well as healthy cell membranes so she can hold onto the voltage we give her. The skin also has about a 6 week replacement cycle, so we are hopeful that in about 6-8 weeks, as she has a better a better liver and healthier skin we will really be able to get her voltage up and will see great changes. More about that later.

One word about raw milk, since I know there of some who gasped when I wrote that. Yes, it is safe. If bacteria grows in raw milk, it's gone in about 36 hours, if it grows in pasteurized milk it keeps multiplying. Raw milk is so powerful because it is a living food -- the enzymes haven't been killed by pastuerization. This allows even lactose intolerant people to drink it, because it still contains the lactase necessary for digestion. The fats in raw milk are intact, they haven't been shattered by homogenization, which is important when trying to build good cell membranes, in the same way as not wanting to build a windshield out of little shards of glass. It is illegal to buy or sell raw milk in Hawaii, so I've ordered some from California (I had to pay much more for shipping than for the milk.) But, if there is anyone on Oahu who has grass-fed cows or goats, or is willing to keep one, PLEASE contact me. This may be the most crucial element in determining how fast we can help Abbie get better. Dr. Tennant told me that his patients who go on raw milk get better in about half the time as those who don't.

We discussed what Abbie's low voltage means for things like a Botox procedure or a hip surgery. With a voltage as low as Abbies, and a liver unable to metabolize the anesthetic and the drugs all surgeries are now off the table, especially the hip procedure. To put her through a surgery that drastic with a voltage as low as hers would be extremely risky. I must say I am a little relieved, and recalled the recent struggle I'd been having with a promise I truly believed God had given me. When the hip procedure was first discussed I came home and wept, then opened my Bible. A verse I'd never noticed before stood out boldly to me and promised that "not one of her bones shall be broken." I claimed that for Abbie and was certain she wouldn't have to have the hip surgery. After looking at her hip films at a recent Shriner's appointment, and concluding that hip surgery was unavoidable, I really wondered how I had misheard God, wondered if I'd inserted my own desires into His mouth, wondered if I could trust myself to hear anything at all. All we have recently learned has put this procedure off for a while, and even though traditional medicine would call it impossible to change bony problems without surgery I am watching impossibilites fade before my eyes. Perhaps I don't have a hearing problem after all!

Dr. Tennant was also the first person to be able to explain to me why hyperbaric oxgyen therapy (HBOT) helps people in Abbie's situation. There is lots of anecdotal evidence and stories of improvement, but I could never get a grasp on what it actually did in the body to effect these changes. He told me in two short sentences. Describing something called "Bohr's Effect" he explained that there is a direct relationship between the voltage in a solution and the amount of oxygen that can be dissolved in the solution. Low voltage means low oxygen in tissues. So, while we are working to get Abbie's voltage up, HBOT would be a wonderful support for her. Once her voltage is in the normal range again, she won't need it anymore. More "dives" are on the wish list for Abbie.

I promised more about what can happen when low voltage is raised to normal ranges. I'd like to share the story of a girl whose family I referred to Dr. Tennant to help with her brain injury recovery. I haven't touched base with her mom about sharing this story yet, so I will just use her initial "S." (for "Superwoman" perhaps). I heard the highlights of the story from the mom first, so I know it happened just as Dr. Tennant described it to me. S. came to his clinic in a wheelchair with her right arm drawn up, her head hanging down, she wasn't talking or initiating any movement on her own. She would occasionally follow commands like "open your mouth". They tested her with the MEAD device and found that her voltage was around 7, well below the normal of 20. They gave her some I.V. therapy and treatment with a specialized light diode for 45 minutes. They then wheeled her to the front desk so her mother could book appointments for the remaining three days of their stay in Dallas. At that point S. stood up out of her wheelchair. When they tested her voltage two days later it was at 20, and S. was walking around the halls unassisted. That's how powerfully a change in voltage can manifest, and how quickly the changes come. S. only stayed for four days, and at the end of the stay Dr. Tennant went out to eat with her and her family. There was a park bench in the restaurant with a cut-out in the wall that opened into another eating area. S. was so curious she climbed up on the bench to have a look. Dr. Tennant now recommends a 2-week treatment course at the clinic to see the best results. He is also seeing astounding changes in kids with autism. He told me that the newest versions of the light diode are one week old and about 10 times as powerful as what S. was treated with. The possibilities for recovery are mind-staggering, and like I said, they bring our vague but stubborn hope into the realm of definate potential. Suffice to say, a trip to Dallas is on my wish list for Abbie.

The story about S. brings up the new light diode, a truly cutting edge device that uses light to carry frequencies into the body. There exist just a few prototypes of the light, but from S's story you can understand the impact they will have. Please pray for Dr. Tennant as he moves forward to get these through the FDA approval process. Pray that God would show favor in every way to speed this process -- there are so many of us waiting for hope to become reality. I cannot do justice in describing Dr. Tennant, but he has a true heart of compassion, is completely dedicated to his mission, and possesses a brilliance shared by few. God has chosen him to be a world-changer, and that is a very difficult path to travel.

So, I think that pretty well sums up our last week. Can you see why I've had some sleepless nights lately? Not checking on alarms or giving nebulizer treatments, but rather tossing around in bed realizing that I really am going to get my girl back. I really, really am!!! Praise God from Whom all blessings flow, especially the unfathomable ones.

2 comments:

Julie said...

This is such wonderful news, Tiffany!! The Lord has blessed Abbie just like we all knew he would. Sometimes even miracles take a long time to show themselves. When you have that little girl back you will see that the Lord did things this way to make the result worth the effort. We can do all things with His help. What a wonderful blog. Give Abbie hugs from me. I knew she could do it!

Julie T.

Tara Clark said...

Happy Birthday Abbie!!!
Fantastic, Fabulous Five!! Cooper led us in a Happy Birthday song for you today. We are thinking of you and can't wait to see what the next year holds for you!
All our love,
Auntie Tara, Thanny, Cooper & Oscar!!