Thursday, August 24, 2006

Five Years Old!

Yesterday Abbie turned 5, and that day when we we first heard "It's a girl" replayed with sweetness and joy in our minds. That day seems like a lifetime ago, but we celebrate now knowing that this may be the last birthday she can't blow out her own candles and eat her own cake.

I had a couple wisdom teeth extracted yesterday (we are having Abbie's family celebration this weekend). So, I am on Vicodin and may be a little loopy, so I will keep this short. Just wanted to let you know that we tried raw milk with her for the first time this morning. I was very nervous as we started, and had Crystal with me so that we could tag-team suction if Abbie started vomiting.

It couldn't have gone better! She took it all in without even a cough, which is an improvement over her normal breakfast. What a relief for me, and yet another reason for our hope to rise. We are really on the way now! It's fitting that we are starting the day after her birthday, because I think this is the true beginning of her rebirth, and the emergence of all that has been locked inside her for so long now.

I've received some good emails about the raw milk..to answer, I've found a dairy that has both their cows and their milk lab-tested very frequently so I am comfortable that their products are safe.

I'm going to sign off now...its was reported to me by my dear husband that I was excessively chatty during the extraction yesterday (blame the nitrous oxide!), and I don't want to do that again. Have a blessed day!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Abbie!!!! I know your on your way to healing, I can't wait till next year when we read that you blew out your candles and ate you cake. I know you will be able to do that. Mom, I do not know how you keep up. Your faith in God has made me want to get closer to God. Thank you.

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Abbie!!!
This will be a great year!
love,
Annie & Izzy

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Abbie!! It's so wonderful to hear all this good news about you!! Tell your Mommy we'd all like to see some updated pictures of you as well. Keep moving forward, we're all pulling for you!!