Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A great Easter



Abbie and her "bubby", Kyle


Yesterday was just a good, good day. I don't know how many times Ray and I said that to each other, but it felt new and true each time. The realization that this is yet another last -- the last Easter I will have all my children with me, made it very sweet. Church was wonderful, and then we went to brunch where they had a special room set aside just for us. Quiet and most importantly, air-conditioned.

Abbie's brothers humored me as I led them to the Easter Bunny so I could have a picture with all the kids in it. Abbie was a little upset that we'd gotten there too late for the egg hunt. Actually, we were eating when the announcement for the egg hunt for 4-7 year olds rang out. She jumped in her stroller and looked at me. I felt a little sad for her, but told myself it was too hot and sunny anyway. Besides, the Easter Bunny had given each of the kids a basket, so naturally Abbie ended up with all of them!

She did marvelously, which is always a praise during a long outing. I don't know how she does it, but she seems to grow more beautiful each day. We are blessed.



The contents of my heart, all in one picture

3 comments:

Luke's Mom said...

Beautiful Picture! You have gorgeous kids, Abbie is looking great. I'm so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful day, you desire it!

Love in Christ,
Suzi

ann said...

What a beautiful picture! She does look great and all your boys are quite handsome! So happy you had a great day!

cheshirew said...

Such a beautiful ladybug with all those boy bugs in a rug!!! ; )
We love you, Abbie-girl, & thank God 4 u & your family...may Jesus continue to bless all of you...& it's true what your mommy said - You do get more beautiful by the day!
big hugs luv all your Cheshire kitten friends!!!
xooxoxo in Jesus
Psalm 139:13-16