Monday, December 22, 2008

Settling In

After a very difficult weekend it seems that things may be calming down for Miss Abbie. We gave her Tylenol with codeine very four hours through Sunday evening, just to try to stay ahead of the pain. Sometimes it worked, sometimes (like during diaper changes) it didn't.

She was able to go all night without an additional dose of pain meds last night, and this morning was resting comfortably while satting 100. What a blessing to not have respiratory issues to deal with right now!

She looked much, much better yesterday evening and was able to have an eye-blink conversation with me. She answered all my questions appropriately, and held her eyes closed for a good long time when I reminded her that Christmas was near and Santa would be coming to her house.

Looking back I realize I spent a good part of the weekend in shock. It was chased away by an intense migraine on Sunday morning. Ray quickly sent me to bed so I would be ready to attend the twins' championship football game that afternoon.

I made it to the game, but felt like an alien standing in that park...not quite a part of the same world as everyone else there. By the time we were celebrating the championship win, I was woozy and the park was spinning. Kyle drove me home, and back to bed I went.

But, finding later that evening that Abbie was doing much better made me much better as well. We'll just take this day by day until we get to "Cast Off Day 2"...I'd really never planned on making a sequel to that movie!!

Thank you so much for your prayers..we feel them. Abbie's eyes light up and she smiles when I remind her that many people are praying for her. Thank you for not letting her be alone in this!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon, Tiffany. I get intense chronic migraines myself so I know how it feels! Sometimes they come at the worst times...not that there is ever a good time to have a migraine! Praying for Miss Abbie, too.

Luke's Mom said...

I'm glad to hear that she is feeling better. I will continue to lift both her and you up. I know the stress of it all has a huge impact on you as well. Try to enjoy Christmas, I pray that it will be a relaxing day for you all.

Love in Christ,
Suzi

ann said...

So glad that Abbie's feeling better and that you are, too. As you so often remind us all that God is good and He is in control. I pray for rest and comfort for your family during the holidays.
In His Love and Blessings,
annb

cheshirew said...

Because of the Lord's GREAT love, we are not consumed. His compassions NEVER fail; they are new EVERY morning. GREAT is thy faithfulness!!!
May God make this verse 150% real to you, precious Tiff, this day. I know u r hanging onto HIM...& best of all, HE has His mighty grip on you & will never, no never, no never let you nor Abbie go! Praying w/out ceasing for His goodness, grace & mercy to shine thru...esp. for CHRISTmas...that He will heal Abbie's bones & your heart, S.S., in a miraculous way...beyond your greatest dreams.
WE LOVE YOU!! xoxoxo
Hebr.13:5b!!!!!!!!!!!
K, W & kittens