Thursday, May 31, 2007

A New Book

Last day of school for the twins and Kyle!! After Kyle's 8th grade graduation tonight we can officially exhale and begin summer. Abbie is ready for summer too, wanting to be outside more and more. Unfortunately, the best time of year for lots of outdoor time has just passed, and now the heat and humidity are making mid-day walks impossible.

I've been anxiously awaiting the chance to make this announcement: Dr. Tennant now has a book available called "Healing Is Voltage". At over 400 pages it is a comprehensive and understandable look at energetic medicine and how voltage (or lack thereof) impacts our bodies. I was blessed to read a draft of it while we were in Dallas, so I can honestly give it a "thumbs up!" Dr. Tennant is very skilled at taking complex scientific principles and boiling them down so that even very unscientfic minds like mine can grasp them. Pre-publication copies are available from his clinic if you call 1-972-580-1156, and ask for Frankie. The cost per copy is $120, and although it may sound like a hefty price, the length, depth, and inclusion of many color photographs and illustrations make this book a worthwhile investment.

Around our house we have been truly enjoying some peaceful nights. Abbie has been sleeping deeply, without the need of oxgyen, which silences that less-than-quiet oxgyen concentrator. I can hear the wind blowing through the trees at night again! Her muscle tone has come back down to the point where she can easily keep her night splints on all night, with her feet pulled up almost to a neutral position instead of a ballerina toe-point. She is also loose enough to get back into the stander again. This had become difficult to do recently because her adductors (muscles on the inside of the thigh) were so tight that it was hard to keep her legs far enough apart to place in the stander.

Why the changes? Who knows exactly...we've been adding ionized (high pH) water to her diet through the generosity of Diana Lim, and a woman in Canada has recently begun doing some energetic work with Abbie which seems to be making an impact. But, for me to think I can untangle the web of progress and follow each strand to a result is a hilarious thought. I gave up thinking I was in control of this a long time ago, and now I'm to the point of admitting I really don't even understand it -- I am just a happy observer and willing participant.

My Bible study today took me to a verse that this journey has made familiar and beloved. As I sit looking out my window at anthuriums blowing in the breeze, framed by layers of green palms I rejoice in the garden He has made for me:

Isaiah 51:3
Indeed the Lord will comfort Zion;
He will comfort her in her waste places.
And her wilderness He will make like Eden,
And her desert like the garden of the LORD;
Joy and gladness will be found in her,
Thanksgiving and the sound of a melody.

1 comment:

PAM WILSON said...

Hi, Tiffany just thinking about you and your family. Jordan and I are working on something for Abbie. Please tell her she is very speical to Jordan. We are always praying for you all.
Love, Jeannie & Jordan