Monday, March 26, 2007

A Better Night

Thank you for praying! Last night was significantly better than Saturday night. Abbie only needed two liters through the night, and I gave her nebulizers at 9pm and 5am just to keep her secretions loose, not because she was really struggling. Her fever did rise again to 103 around 5am. That's the number at which I normally break down and give her some Tylenol.

I am a big fan of tea tree oil, but recently found out that rosemary oil has the same properties but is much more potent. Last night I rubbed some diluted rosemary oil on her chest, and I think it did make a difference. I put a special essential oil blend for respiratory issues on her big toe, and that also helped her. It's funny that a few minutes after putting it on her big toe, you can smell the oil on her breath.

So, she has been sleeping now for two hours under Debbie's watchful eye, with sats of 99 and heartrates in the 90s. (That sure beats the 200 I saw on Saturday night!) I believe we have turned the corner -- thanks so much for your prayers!

3 comments:

ann said...

God is good! I'm so glad Abbie is doing better!

Luke's Mom said...

Tiffany,

As I was reading your blog, I thought to myself, if what had happened to Abbie last year you probably would of taken her to the Hospital. I realized that as time goes on it comforting to know that we as Mommy's definitely know how to care for our precious children better than the Hospital. I thank the Lord for the use of an oxygenator machine, it has kept Luke out the Hospital more times this past year than I want to think about. We are just about to the one year mark, it will be on April 7th, that we have not been back to the Hospital.

Oh well, just wanted to let you know that I was praying for you and Abbie and I'm so thankful to hear that she is doing better. I will try to call soon, it would be good to catch up.

Love in Christ,
Sue

PAM WILSON said...

Abbie and Tiffany,
I am so very glad that you are doing better!!! May God continue to bless you daily.
Love and Blessings,
Jordan's Granny, Pam